Friday, February 08, 2008

Frank Caliendo Impersonations: A Tribute


Frank Caliendo is probably my favourite comedian who can make me laugh on a consistent basis know matter how many times I watch the same skits he performs in. Chicago-born Caliendo is most famous for his time as a cast member of MadTV from 2001 to sometime around 2006 I think. He also had a show called FrankTV on TBS starting in 2007 that featured many of his impersonations as hosts of the show. He has well over 100 quality impressions in his repertoire and I'll try to round up a few of my favourites for you. Dude is incredible!! Be ready to be amazed and to laugh.

Frank has also done some in-house commentary on Fox NFL Sunday. Of course this is done with a humourous twist. Below is an impersonation of Jim Rome who is an outspoken, smack-talkin' radio and television sports host. He nails the voice...




Here's a collection of impersonations from when he appeared on Mike and Mike In The Morning on ESPN Radio from November 20, 2007. sorry for the first minute or so which is basically commercials but in his interview he does a little John Madden, Jim Rome, Bill Walton, and Charles Barkley.




Next up is a clip from the Letterman show where Frank does some stand up featuring some John Madden, Al Pacino, George Bush, Bill Clinton.




Now for the real funny stuff that you'll catch on MadTV. This is where I first encountered Frank and he fit in with the cast and became the funniest person on the show for me personally. Here he is in one of my favourite skits for the "Quick Pop Popcorn Popper". The impression is obvious.




Here's another beauty from MadTV's skit humouring Boston Legal with Caliendo as William Shatner hamming it up.




Wow...there are so many to choose from but I'll just throw another three on here for you. This one is another MadTV clip for the presidential debates featuring Caliendo as Bush and Mike MacDonald (another talent) as Kerry.




Here here is again doing another one of my favourites as Jay Leno...




Here is a promo for the FrankTV show where he does some quick impressions




He's got many other classics but I couldn't manage to find them on youtube in good enough quality. His Jack Nicholson is one I wish I could have shown. Just google him and you'll find plenty. He is one of the elite impressionist comedians in my mind if not the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that guy! Caliendo is the funniest comedian in America (in my opinion).

Sean François said...

Caliendo's impersonations are great. There is a good YouTube clip of him on 'Inside the NBA' with Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith, and Charles Barkley that I shared around with friends a few months ago. Definitely worth the watch if you haven't seen it yet.

Dave Chappelle is my favourite comedian, obviously not politically correct - but his work is genius :)

Even though he doesn't still do his show, he still does live stand up. There are some clips of his recent stage performances on YouTube.