Sunday, January 20, 2008

How Well Do You Know Your World?

Every so often a student or teaching colleague will mention an interesting web site to me that I should check out. Being the curious individual that I am, I usually do. This link is for a game that challenges you to locate various cities or landmarks around the world. As the game progresses, the locations you are to identify become significantly more difficult. You must reach a minimum score on each level in order to advance and when you can't do that the game is over. It then spits out a "Traveler's IQ" for the game.

I've become addicted to it and have spent almost a full hour playing it now trying to get past level 9. I'm pretty solid up until level 8 but that is where I start to falter. Being able to locate many of the small islands around the world is definitely a difficult task. I encourage everyone to give it a try. The only part of the game that I dislike is that it doesn't track how well you do compared to other people and doesn't track your scores. Feel free to post your score in the comments.

Just click on the post title to link to the game.

3 comments:

Bloggopotamus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
starlagurl said...

Hey Bloggopotamus! Glad you like our game. You can chat about strategy and compare scores with other Traveler IQ addicts in our travel forums

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager

Bloggopotamus said...

I just noticed that the game is also available as a facebook application with some other neat games that are more specific to a country (i.e. Canada) or to flags of the world. On facebook you can compete with your friends as you do with most other games on the site.